HP has released the first update for the recently released Touchpad in version 220.127.116.11. Key improvements in this version include speed increases for the Mail client, Music, Photos & Videos, Text Assist, and web browser improvements as well as improvements to Just Type search functionality. HP has also released the changelog for the update with more specific details and is found at the Continue reading link, along with two new apps unlisted in the changelog.
HP webOS system update 3.0.2 provides increased system performance and stability and addresses a number of bugs.
HP webOS system update 3.0.2 offers improvements in the following areas.
- Quicker Just Type event search and event creation
- Improved handing of meeting cancellations
- Faster scrolling
- Improved message content and image display
- Improved management of multiple emails in Draft and Outbox views
- Reduced audio skipping when the device is running other applications
- Better display of album art
Photos & Videos
- Added ability to set wallpapers
- Faster and more reliable handling of individual photos and albums
- Improved speed and accuracy of auto-corrections
- Increased scrolling support compatibility within web pages
- Improved performance of remote HTML5 video playback
- Improved responsiveness of auto correction within the browser
- Fixed issues with oversensitive screen rotation
This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.
Individuals interested in contacting HP to report suspected security issues can find more information at hpwebos.com/security .
HP has also ported the Calculator and Clock apps from webOS 2.1 with support for Exhibition Mode built into the Clock app, while the Calculator app combines the standard and scientific functions into one pane instead of the switching behavior found in the 2.1 version.