Sprint’s large business customers in Kansas and Colorado can now purchase the Sanyo Pro-200 and Pro-700, supporting Qualcomm’s QChat technology, through Sprint’s regional direct sales department.
These two new devices work off of Sprint’s EV-DO Rev. A network resulting in call connection speeds of less than a second. The Pro-200 and the Pro-700 will have the following features available:
- Direct Connect: the push to talk feature made popular by Nextel
- Call Alerts: an alert that lets the user know that another Nextel Direct Connect user is trying to reach them
- Group Connect: lets you connect to upto 20 Direct Connect customers at the same time but does not work with Nextel or PowerSource devices
- One Number: the same number can be used for Direct Connect and voice calls
- Missed Call Notification: lets the users know when they miss a Direct Connect call
- Sprint Mobile Sync: Sprint users can add, edit or delete contacts online and have the updates pushed to one phone or a group of devices – also allowing to retrieve contacts if the phone is lost or stolen
- DC Permissions: users can control who can reach them using Direct Connect by allowing or blocking other users
- Call Screen: works like an answering machine -allowing you to hear the caller’s message before you pick up
- Restrict & Lock: allows you to control incoming and outgoing calls along with data usage
The aforementioned phones are also expected to go into wider consumer availability through TeleSales on April 16th, and retail channels on April 20th.