Sony Mobile has formally announced pricing and launch details for the Xperia Z2 Android tablet, which is the firm’s high-end Android tablet. The tablet will be released next month on May 4th through the remaining Sony Store locations and online at two price points, $499.99 for the 16GB model and $599.99 for the 32GB model in either black or white while online pre-orders begin today.
Sony Mobile claims the Z2 will be the first tablet from the firm to feature a 10.1” tablet display with its Full HD TRILUMINOS display technology, Live Color LED display and its X-Reality for mobile display technology based off of Sony’s latest BRAVIA TV technology, along with Sony’s Front Surround audio speakers and engine. The Xperia Z2 tablet features the following key specifications:
- Waterproof, rated IP55/58
- 10.1-inch Full HD TRILUMINOS Display with Live Color LED with X-Reality for mobile
- S-Force Front Surround audio, Clear Audio+ and digital noise canceling support
- 8 MP main camera with Exmor RS image sensor and Superior Auto mode
- Preloaded Xperia camera apps including: Info-eye, Timeshift burst, AR effect, Social live and Background defocus for photos
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.3 Ghz Quad-core processor, 3 GB RAM
- 6000 mAh battery
Sony Mobile will also be offering a full slate of companion accessories for the Z2 tablet, such as a Bluetooth keyboard with NFC, Bluetooth speaker with magnetic charging dock, noise canceling headset, and a protective case with desk stand. Sony is also bundling complimentary media for those who purchase the tablet in six movies through the Video Unlimited service, a 30-day free trial of the Music Unlimited streaming service and eight PlayStation Mobile games.