Following up on the Sprint device roadmap leak, further details have been confirmed regarding other Sprint initiatives:
- No New QChat devices will be developed or released, with the current lineup receiving minor chipset refreshes
- Sprint OneClick will be deployed on all EVDO non-smart devices going forward, with 1X class devices being excluded from the requirement.
- microSDHC expansion slots will be eliminated from 1X devices going forward and 1x devices will be reduced in the lineup.
- Increased focus on Android devices
- Samsung Cello M550 to be first device focused on social networking
- Samsung Chianti M560 to be first “Green” device
- Expand international roaming capability across BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and aircards.
- Focus on dual-mode EVDO Rev. A/WiMax devices