Following up, T-Mobile and Samsung have updated the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 to Android Ice Cream Sandwich, but unlike Verizon’s OTA update, this one is being rolled out over the wire via Samsung’s Kies desktop update software. The update features the following key features common to Android 4.0, such as face unlock support, new user interface support with new homescreens among other ICS features such as a built-in data counter and task manager.
In related news, the T-Mobile branded, Huawei-manufactured Springboard Android tablet will also be updated to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3) starting tomorrow with the following fixes:
- UI improvements centered on improved touch experience
- Fix for the “Unrecognized SIM Card Error”
- Power and Reboot loop Fixes
- Wi-Fi Connection fixes for improved reliability
- Improved Memory Allocation – critical update to allow device to receive future OS updates
- Ice Cream Sandwich improvements
This update will be rolled out beginning tomorrow via OTA update, with Wi-Fi being strongly recommended.