AT&T will launch the LG Optimus G Pro smartphone for $199.99 with a new two-year agreement on Friday, when pre-orders begin.
The display is one of the key features of the Optimus G Pro, measuring 5.5-inches at 1920 x 1080 resolution and runs edge-to-edge using curved glass with a thinner than average profile and bezel and 400dpi pixel density. The G Pro is underpinned by a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, with 2GB of RAM. The AT&T version of the phone is also notable for shipping with 32GB of internal memory while still including a microSD slot, with the capability to contain a 64GB card for a theoretical storage maximum of 96GB.
The main camera is a 13 megapixel unit and the front-facing camera is 2.1 megapixels. The G Pro is also powered by a large removable 3,140mAh battery that supports wireless charging via inductive charging through the battery cover. It runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and comes with LG’s user interface, including Dual Recording and Virtual Reality Panorama features for the camera. Pre-orders for the Optimus G Pro begin May 3 and it will launch in stores on May 10.
– Powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor with 2 GB RAM
– Expansive 5.5″ 1080p Full HD IPS Screen (400 ppi resolution)
– Long-Lasting 3,140 mAh Battery
– Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
– Advanced 13 MP Full HD Camera with Dual Recording
– 2.1 MP Full HD Front-Facing Camera for Dual Recording and Video Conferencing
– Visually and Audibly Collaborate in Real Time with VuTalk
– QSlide 2.0 for Advanced and Convenient Multitasking
– Audio Zoom to enhance audio quality during video capture by focusing audio mics on the video target
– QuickRemote for Universal Remote Control
– Pocketable Ergonomic Design with Narrow Bezel
– Internal Storage: 32 GB on-board, support for up to 64 GB of expandable memory for a total of 96 GB
– Bluetooth® Version 4.0