AT&T has announced a rollout of Jelly Bean for its HTC One X. The update (4.1.2) is being rolled out over the air with AT&T suggesting that owners update over Wi-Fi.
The update also enables compatibility with the Isis mobile payment initiative at the hardware level and adds a new suite of AT&T-supported apps. The full changelog is posted below.
- Google Now, which provides you with the latest relevant information you need, when you need it. Whether you’re checking the weather, checking flight information, tracking a package or more, you can get the information that matters most immediately in a single swipe.
- Changes to the notification display that groups updates from the same application together and allows you to expand or collapse any notification.
- The ability to view the full text of an SMS message and the full photo of a MMS in the notification window.
- An event notifications display that offers more of the event description, allowing you to quickly see relevant details without having to open an app.
- New countdown timer for the front-facing camera.
The HTC One X is also Isis™ capable. With Isis, users can easily upload payment and loyalty cards to a convenient and secure app. They can then use the One X to make payments by tapping their phone at participating retailers. Isis Mobile Wallet is currently trialing in Austin and Salt Lake City.
This software update will also give you easy access to the following useful apps:
- AT&T Locker – Allows you to automatically store photos, videos and documents securely in the cloud, so you can access and share from your smartphone or computer.
- AT&T DriveMode® – Helps curb texting and driving. The app can be set-up to automatically send a customizable reply to incoming messages once a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. The auto-reply message is similar to an “out-of-office alert” and can reply to texts, emails and wireless callers letting your friends know that you are driving and unable to respond.*
- AT&T Messages – Displays all your texts, calls, and voicemail messages together in a single inbox, easily accessible from your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.