A new dealer newsletter has confirmed a new unlimited plan slate for Virgin Mobile that will replace the nearly 5 year old and once innovative Beyond Talk unlimited plans with a new slate that seems to ignore the move to increased data allotments and adds more options in the process.
The plan slate follows below:
- $20/month 300 minutes, unlimited texts, no data
(a variant of the previous Wi-Fi Lovers delight $25 promotional plan that does not feature unlimited voice and is compatible with smartphones)
- $35/month unlimited voice and messaging, 250 MB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data (new plan)
- $35/month 300 minutes, unlimited messaging and 2.5GB of high-speed data (current plan being carried over to new slate)
- $45/month unlimited voice and messaging, 1 GB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data, unlimited international texts, 100 minutes of international calling to over 70 countries.
(new plan with international messaging and calling included, but features less data compared to previous plan)
- $55/month unlimited voice and messaging, 3 GB of high speed data, unlimited throttled data, unlimited international texts, 100 minutes of international calling to over 70 countries (500MB more than previous plan with more features)
New international calling and messaging add-ons will also be offered and are listed below:
- $5/Month International add-on – unlimited international text messaging, unlimited calling to all of Mexico (landline only), unlimited calling to Canada (landline and mobile, excludes Northern territory (area code 867))
- $10/Month International+ add-on – includes all the features of the $5 plan plus 1,000 minutes to Mexican mobile numbers, unlimited calling to over 70 countries (landlines only) and discounted calling rates to over 200 countries.
With this new unlimited slate, Virgin Mobile is aiming to have an option for every budget level, but the aim for simplicity may end up pushing interested customers over to Boost Mobile or other competitors, especially as Boost Mobile is offering more data with its current promotional plans and features an easier to understand plan slate along with its competitors. The plan slate is expected to launch on October 4th.