Palm has issued a firmware update for the Treo 680. The update incorporates previous software updates, as well as providing other minor updates. The update also replaces Cingular’s branding with the new AT&T brand.
The update changes the following:
• Improved power management for better battery life;
• Camera update for better battery life;
• Help to correct distorted characters that can occur in the title bar of the Phone application;
• Help to fix device freezing that may occur under certain conditions;
• System Lockout improvement for increased security;
• Support for the new Daylight Saving Time legislation;
• Provides better support for networks unique to some Caribbean, Latin American, and Asian countries; and
• Updates Cingular branding, replacing it with the new AT&T branding.
No update exists yet for the unlocked Treo 680, Palm suggests those users install the various patch updates that have been released to-date.
Palm considers this update as critical, and encourages all Treo 680 owners to update.