T-Mobile this week became the first prepaid carrier to offer standalone prepaid SIM kits for their service. These kits have everything you need to set up a prepaid account with your existing GSM phone (either from T-Mobile or unlocked). Why no carrier has done this before is beyond us, but we’re happy to give away a half-dozen of these kits to you. That’s right, we’re giving away six of these kits.
Now, these kits don’t just have a SIM card in them… that wouldn’t set you up an account quickly in the middle-of-nowhere. They come pre-loaded with $10 of airtime. So, if your friend needs a phone for the weekend, you can just set this up on a backup phone, hand it to them, and not have to worry about that great friend of yours racking up a few thousand airtime minutes… sticking you with the bill. Yes, we know all too much about that minute hungry friend eyeing your spare phone… we think we’re sharing that friend with you, actually.
This contest will run for 48 hours, and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific on Tuesday. To enter, post in this thread. Now, for some rules…
- You can only enter this giveaway once. You can enter all 31 phone giveaways, but duplicate entries in any one giveaway will cause you to be disqualified.
- This contest is open to anyone, anywhere. However, you have to provide a valid email address in the email field… or we won’t be able to contact you.
- We have various tools to detect abuse, including (but certainly not limited to), IP address, email, and cookie checkers. Suspicion of abuse will void your entry.
- You must reply to our requests for your contact information to confirm you are a winner, within four days of our initial attempts to contact you.
- PhoneNews.com staff, associates, and Oprah Winfrey are not eligible.