Samsung today released their long-delayed upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 Standard for the BlackJack SGH-i607.
The upgrade was previously announced at last year’s CTIA expo, and was expected to be released last summer. However, Samsung and AT&T perpetually delayed the update. The update has taken so long to be released, that AT&T has since released the original BlackJack’s successor, the SGH-i617 BlackJack II.
The update is available free of charge, similar to other Windows Mobile 6 upgrades. In addition, the update includes Office Mobile for Windows Mobile 6 Standard for free. As with other AT&T upgrades, TeleNav and MobiTV are now preloaded onto the device with the update. Because the original BlackJack lacks A-GPS functionality, an external GPS receiver will be required to use it.
The update makes several other enhancements, including improved call quality. For the full change list, click read more, or visit the download page below.
Below is the list of changes added in software version HA1.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0
- Microsoft Office Mobile (allows you to view & edit XLS and DOC files on the fly)
- Video Share Calling Technology (allows you with supported plan and devices, to transmit live or recorded video to a recipient)
- TeleNav & MobiTV capable
- Modified UI with updated text & icons in several areas
- Enhancements to improve call quality
- Fixed, Contact lookup doesnâ€™t work when saving embedded SMS phone number
- Fixed, Several Bluetooth issues
- Fixed, VCML count not displayed properly
- Fixed, Media player issue
- Fixed, Embedded URL in MMS could not be saved
- Fixed, CV does not play in full screen mode
- Fixed, Converter for currency now supports Canada
- Fixed, Handset would sound tone when charger was inserted in Silent Mode
- Integrated Daylight Savings Time Patch
- Enhanced international roaming support (originally included in GB4 S/W)