Verizon has released an official statement regarding the now 10 hour (as of 6:28 CDT) LTE network outage throughout much of the country. The cause of the outage has been discovered and engineers are working to restore service as soon as possible. This outage affects LTE services, with the CDMA voice network functioning normally though LTE device activations have also been affected due to the outage and 1xRTT data service is available. There is currently no timeframe on the restoration of service. The full statement follows below:
We are aware of an issue with 4G LTE data connections and our network engineers are working to resolve this quickly. We have determined the cause of our issue and are working with our major vendors to restore connections.
* 4G LTE Smartphones will still be able to make calls.
* Customers are temporarily unable to activate any 4G LTE devices.
* Please note: Customers may experience a 1XRTT data connection during this time.
* After determining the cause of our 4G LTE network connection issue, we are continuing to work to restore connections.
* We expect to see the network restore on a market-by-market basis. Timing and additional details will be provided as they become available.
Update: LTE service has been restored across the coverage area.