Not long after the launch of the Droid Charge, Verizon will be rolling out its first update to improve 4G LTE performance and connection stability as well as the following bugfixes:
– Improved battery life when placing a voice call.
– Easily return calls within the call log entry by pressing the phone icon.
– Outgoing calls from the Visual Voice Mail application will be placed properly.
– Pressing and holding the â€˜1â€™ key will automatically route the user to the Voice Mail service (*86).
– Audio has been adjusted to avoid â€˜No Audioâ€™ or â€˜Screeching Soundsâ€™.
Web Browsing and Data Access
– Accurately detect and connect to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE or 3G network.
– Enhanced browser performance.
Email and Messaging
– A new Email folder structure has been implemented. When a subfolder exists under a current Email folder, an arrow will appear to the right of the folder icon. When a user touches the arrow, the folder system will expand to show all subfolders available for selection.
– When an Exchange password has been modified, the device will direct the user to the password screen to adjust the saved password accordingly.
– Improvements in the Email and Calendar sync.
Additional Device Features
– Restoration of Mobile Hotspot capability.
– When in USB Mass Storage mode (UMS), the device will be recognized immediately when plugged into a PC.
– Device recognizes ringtones purchased from the Verizon Wireless website.
– Improvements in GPS performance.